Thursday, June 25, 2009

Theme Thursday #8- Somewhere over the rainbow...

Can I just say how much I LOVE this idea? I can't take full credit for it though, its another request. The bride e-mailed me and said that she loved the Israel Kamakawiwoʻole version of "Somewhere over the Rainbow" so much that she wanted that to be her wedding theme. This board has subtle hints of Wizard of Oz and rainbows without going overboard. I think this will be a lovely wedding and can't wait to see pictures! Details I'm loving: sparkly shoes for the flower girl (love the red sparkly chucks!), rainbow of different bouquets for the bridesmaids (this was the brides suggestion), I really like the vintage looking hot air balloon postcard (maybe for table numbers?), big rainbow lollipops (favors?). Have I mentioned that I LOVE this board?


opps... I forgot to include this image in my board (and it may be a little over the top.) I thought this might be another cute detail though-- a yellow aisle runner, because how do you get to Oz without the yellow brick road?

the knot

1 comment:

  1. e-mail I received from the bride :]

    "oh my gosh! I absolutley love it!! I can’t believe you included a hot air balloon...i have always wanted that for a wedding day lift off :) it’s so so perfect and now I know it can be done without being tacky. Thank you so much!! Wedding will be next year...will definetely send you pictures. Do you do wedding planning for a living or just enjoy doing this?

    Appreciate it...i’ll post this on the blog :) You’re so talented and generous with your time...thank you.

    Joy"

    ReplyDelete